Terms and Conditions of Coaching and Virtual Assistance
All coaching services and communication, email or otherwise, delivered by Molly Sumridge (Sumner), (your “Coach”), as well as information set forth on this website (mollysumridge.com) are meant to help you identify the areas in your business, life, and in your thinking that may be standing in your way. However, coaching is not professional mental health care or medical care. If you feel psychologically stressed to the point that it is interfering with your ability to function, please seek the help you need in the form of a doctor, or psychologist. Coaching may augment your therapy, but the work of coaching is meant to be done when major emotional and psychological wounds are already healing or healed. Coaching is not a replacement for legal or financial advice.
In that spirit, by purchasing coaching services from your Coach, you confirm that you have read and agree to each statement and that you wish to proceed:
- I understand that the coaching services I will be receiving from my Coach are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. I also understand that my Coach is not acting as a mental health counselor or a medical professional.
- I understand that the coaching services I will be receiving from my Coach are not offered as a substitute for legal, or financial, advice and intended to address any future or pending legal, liable, or financial situations. I also understand that my Coach is not acting as a lawyer or financial adviser.
- I understand that coaching is, at present, an unregulated industry and that my Coach is not licensed by the State of New Jersey or any other state. I also understand that for all legal purposes, the services provided by my Coach will be considered to be provided in the State of New Jersey.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during my coaching sessions, and subsequently, including my choices and decisions.
- I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment, and I will not use it in place of any form of therapy.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to investigate any federal, local, or legal responsibilities for my business.
- I understand that all comments and ideas offered by my Coach are solely for the purpose of aiding me in achieving my defined goals. I have the ability to give my informed consent, and hereby give such consent to my coach to assist me in achieving such goals.
- I understand that to the extent our work together involves career or business, my Coach is not promising outcomes included but not limited to increased clientele, profitability and or business success.
- I understand that my Coach will protect my information as confidential unless I state otherwise in writing. If I report child, elder abuse or neglect or threaten to harm myself or someone else, I understand that necessary actions will be taken and my confidentiality agreement is limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if my Coach is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, she will do so to the extent the law requires.
- I understand that the use of technology is not always secure and I accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Zoom, and other technology.
- I hereby release, waive, acquit and forever discharge my Coach, any agents, successors, assigns, personal representatives, executors, heirs and employees from every claim, suit action, demand or right to compensation for damages I may claim to have or that I may have arising out of acts or omissions by myself or by my Coach as a result of the advice given by my Coach or otherwise resulting from the coaching relationship contemplated by this agreement. I further declare and represent that no promise, inducement or agreement not expressed in this agreement has been made to me to sign this agreement. This agreement shall bind my heirs, executors, personal representatives, successors, assigns, and agents.
Transparency of information gathering and use
Client information is kept secure on biometrically locked personal computer. Client information is exchanged via the G-Suite platform hosted by Google. Client files are housed in Dropbox secured by a strong randomized password. Client collaboration files may be hosted in the same the G-Suite platform hosted by Google as email correspondence. If a client contacts me via one of my other email addresses, then their information may be hosted there as well.
No client information is shared with any other business, vendor or client and all reasonable effort is made to keep client information confidential. No client information is recorded on the website. The website is hosted by Squarespace.com. We are not responsible for any cookies Squarespace.com collects.
We do not collect an email list or send out advertisements to client emails or physical addresses.